The Friends of Dr Williams’s Library was established in November 1946 to ‘develop and make more widely known the very considerable research facilities of the Library’. To that end, the Friends instituted a series of annual Lectures to promote interest in, and support for, the Library’s collections.
The inaugural Lecture was delivered by the Librarian, Stephen Kay Jones, on 7 October 1947, and was appropriately entitled ‘Dr Williams and his Library’. A Lecture is given every year by a leading authority in his or her field. Lectures cover a very broad range of topics.
To view a complete list of titles, click here.
To order printed copies of the Lectures, click here.
To download the poster of the 2016 Lecture, click here.